How to Use our Text to Speech (TTS) Tool
A text-to-speech reader has the function of reading out loud any text you input. Our tool can read text in over 50 languages and even offers multiple text-to-speech voices for a few widely spoken languages such as English.
- Step #1: Write or paste your text in the input box. You also have the option of uploading a txt file.
- Step #2: Choose your desired language and speaker. You can try out different speakers if there are more available and choose the one you prefer.
- Step #3: Choose the speed of reading. You can set up the text to be read out loud faster or slower than the default.
- Step #4: Choose the font for the text. We recommend a smaller font if you have a large text and want to avoid scrolling, or a bigger font to follow the text while easily read aloud.
- Step #5: Tick the “I’m not a robot” checkbox in the bottom right of the screen.
- Step #6: Press the play button on the bottom of the text box to hear your text read out loud.
- Step #7: Get a share link for the resulting audio file or download it as an mp3. Our tool generates high quality TTS that is easy to understand by everyone.
Choose from 50 languages
Our free text to speech tool offers various languages and natural sounding voices to choose from. We made an effort to make our TTS reader available for as many people as possible by including the most commonly spoken languages worldwide.
We have languages available for the following regions:
- Middle East
- East Asia
- South-East Asia
- Middle Asia (India)
- North America
Benefits of using text to speech
TTS is widely used as assistive technology that helps people with reading and visual impairments understand a text. For example:
- Visually impaired individuals greatly benefit from having a program read texts out loud to them.
- Dyslexic individuals will also benefit from a text to talk reader because they can understand texts more easily.
- Children with reading impairments can use text readers to understand lessons easier.
- A text to voice tool is also of great help for people with severe speech impairments. Our web browser TTS tool allows them to type what they want to say and instantly play the audio to the person they wish to communicate with.
Other benefits of reading text aloud:
- People learning or communicating in non-native languages can use text to speech as a tool for learning how to spell words correctly and express themselves fluently in their desired language. It’s beneficial when traveling to a country where that language is spoken, and one wants to communicate with locals in their native language.
- Younger people in multilingual families might find it challenging to communicate with grandparents who still reside in their native countries. Text to speech can bridge the linguistic gap and help strengthen family bonds.
- Muti-taskers and busy people, in general, can use text to speech online to get the latest news.
What is text to speech?
Text to speech is a tool or program that takes text or words input by the user and reads them out loud. It’s used as an assistive technology for people with reading, visual and speech impairments and as a productivity tool.
How does text to speech work?
Text to speech tools use speech synthesis to read texts out loud. The simplest form of speech synthesis uses snippets of human speech to deliver a coherent and natural-sounding message. These snippets are taken from vast libraries of human sounds, words, phrases etc., and they can be used to verbalize almost anything digitally.